Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Father

Born on November 6, 1957. He was the youngest of four.

He was smart and kind to everybody, yet he was missing something in life: love of a father. Without knowing what a good father is he struggled to became a good dad for me and my brother. Though he fell a lot, I knew he wanted to be the best dad for both of us, the man of the household.

Now, what I recall from my childhood were times when he teach me how to read and write when I was around 3, Chiki snacks he brought us after office when I was in kindergarten, books he borrowed for us from the office's library (especially on school holidays) when I was in the elementary school, his proud face when he came to our school to pick up our school reports, and just recently....the beam in his eyes when pushing his grandchild's stroller for morning walk...

Last Sunday Gaizka was staring at a coffin, then he said "Pa...bobo..dadah..." He was staring to an old man laying very still. It was his late grandfather, my father...

After three weeks of struggle at the hospital, he gave up and returned to an eternal place where pain from cancer he had can no longer torture him, where peace and happiness are his share. God called him back on 11 April 2009, 9.50 pm in Magelang, our hometown. He was surrounded by the family who loves him dearly.

Goodbye for now, papa. This is no sad ending, because we shall meet again.
As I said to you the day you passed away: "I love you and I always will, I'm so proud having you as father". Thank God for the session we had that saturday morning.... We love you...

4 Comments:

At 11:46 PM , Blogger Ria said...

Kenangan ketika bersama yg akan membantu kita melewati hari demi hari... Awalnya pasti akan membawa air mata...yg perlahan akan sirna dan menyisakan senyuman ketika mengenangnya... :). At least gz still know his grandpa in person... My baby doesnt hv that chance...
Eh, gw jd mellow... :p

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger Ira said...

Iya Ria, thanks ya udah mengingatkan. ternyata masih ada hal yang bisa disyukuri ya... walopun cuma kenangan dan foto :) Love you, dear...

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Opi said...

My deepest condolences.
Love your blog. :)
Your baby is sooo cute.

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Ira said...

thanks oppie, your blog is wonderful too :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home