Monday, August 24, 2009

Weaning Gaizka

I've always wondered when I should quit nursing Gaizka. Now, after 22 wonderful months having him completely attached to me, I guess the time has come...
With the help of my mum, we started weaning Gaizka last Friday, meaning Thursday nite was his last "nenen" time hehe...

Beyond expectations, Gaizka has been very cooperative through the process. First, we ensure his tummy's full before going to bed, to avoid his waking because of thirst. We also didn't go up to his room until we're sure he's really sleepy. Then, when rocking him to sleep, I told him stories of the things he loves: of trucks, cars, animals in the farm, moon, stars.

The first night, he woke up seeking for comfort at 00.30 AM and would only get back to sleep on my lap around 04.00 AM after no more than 10 mins of crying and few episodes of Finley, the Fire Engine.

The second night, we kept previous night's rituals. Gaizka woke up at 03.30 AM, without crying, but he would only get back to sleep after I carried and rocked him outside the house. He said he wanted to see the moon hahahaha...

Last night, the third night, he wouldn't go upstairs to sleep. He asked me to cary him outside. So he fell assleep after looking at the stars and after I have no more stories to tell about trucks hehe... And guess what...he only woke up at 5.15 in the morning!! He instantly asked me to nurse him, but only smiled when he looked at my yellowish nipples covered with curcuma flakes. Haha...anak pintar....

I hope the weaning process ends soon. Though deep down inside, I feel that something's missing. My mum and Gatot kept telling me "dasar emang doyan..." hahaha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home