Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Old Days






It has been 1 month since my father passed away. Got a bit harder last week, because the family had come to realize that he really was gone for good (owell... for the time being, while we're still living our complicated human live anyways).

What I notice was that remembering him left me pondering events and places. Took my thought away to years back. Set me on my level 5 holiday mood hiks... Made me realize I've been missing some things from the old days. I miss...

Banjar, with batagor and rujak kedondong I used to buy when I was young, our memorable house with NKOTB posters all over my bedroom walls, train/bus rides to Magelang on school holidays (when my parents could save some money)...

Magelang, it's chilling breeze every morning, it's quiet street, my school's old building, my visits to Telkom just so I can talk to my parents back home, the thrill I had everytime I passed Potrobangsan or Kebonpolo or GKJ...

Bendungan Hilir, it's messy street which offers sooo many temptation to my tummy, how easy it was to go places (plangi was just few steps away, rite...)

Jurong East St.32, how lonely I was every weekend or how nice it was just to be all by myself sometimes, the need to cook no matter how tired I am cuz ta pau (take away in Cantonese) can sometimes be harmful to my pocket (qeqeqe...), tour d'shopping malls, "the stepford wives" kinda feeling when I look around almost everywhere (too neat, too organized), except for geylang of course...
owell I am simply in nostalgic mode kyahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home