Wednesday, August 22, 2007

62 Tahun

Gosh Indonesia has reached 62 years of independence...

If it's a man, he's gotta be old.....full of wrinkles.... Some has even showed signs of senile weakness. But for a nation, perhaps 62 years is nothing... Like, say, we were deliberated from Dutch colony after 3.5 centuries (geez...).

But then again I might as well assume that this nation has really started showing signs of senile weakness. Why? As far as I can remember, during the old days of elementary school, teachers always say that Indonesians are famous as friendly and polite people. Yet, nowadays what I get from fellow Indonesians are not really the best impression -not that I'm showing otherwise, but to some points people around me really got into my nerves with how they behave arrgghhhh-. Like for example, nobody knows how to queue (nobody is too harsh, should say very least...haha), rarely will people give you seat in public transport eventhough you're having a huge bumps (personal experience, I must say), smoking is just a habit that can be done EVERYWHERE (even in air-conditioned room with signage saying "NON SMOKING AREA" and you wear ties, looking like some professional), another bad habit that makes me sick is trashing (damn you people driving fancy car who's just open the car window and throw away empty can of your fancy thirst quencer to busy street, don't u have trash box inside? grrhhh), never have I found a cashier in a store ask me "How's your day?" (unlike what I found in -at least- another country), and.....in Indonesia sometimes you'll mixed up whether somebody is just being polite or fake.

Hmm... am I being to harsh? Perhaps... Or maybe Indonesians are just so squeezed with too many problems that we are starting to lose our empathy and only care about ourselves? I really don't know. But yes, I am still a proud kid who loves this country so much. If I don't love it, why would I be concerned with such small things. Anyways, I'm just feeling and thinking out loud. People might not agree, I don't ask them to. Perhaps it's just me and my imagination that Indonesia should do better than this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home